Kokrajhar Law College, the only Legal Education Center at the Bodoland Territorial Council was founded in the year 1985 by the magnificent, far- sighted and noble hearted Advocate Late Niranjan Kr. Narzary of Kokrajhar. His initiative was cooperated by some of these generous persons such as Late Mohani Mohan Brahma, Mr. Rabendra Nath Brahma, Mr. Anil Kr. Brahma, Mr. Dharmeswar Boro, Mr. Debo Prasad Guha, Late Naresh Das and Kishori Mohan Chaudhury and many others.
Late Niranjan Kr. Narzary served as the founder Principal of the college & was succeeded by Sri. Ista Prasad Brahma, former District and Session Judge and Mr. Balladev Narzary (President of Governing Body), with the vision and effort to translate the dream of Late N.K. Narzary into a reality.
Subsequently since its inception the Kokrajhar Law College was able to produce many advocates and legal luminaries for the region, which was much of assistance towards the expansion of legal education; with this continuity of legal education KLC has completed its glorious years of 25 years as the Silver Jubilant in 2010. All through the past years KLC has imparted legal education and produced many capable Advocates, Judges, Magistrates, Law Officers, Human Rights Activists, Social Justice Lawyers and State Civil Service Officers.
The College offers three years LL.B Degree course and also the major course, which is of semester system under Gauhati University. The College is permanently affiliated with Gauhati University and recognized by the Bar Council of India. A free coaching for preparations for competitive is provided to students for appearing in different competitive exams viz ACS, AJS and others. As the law subject has vast career scope.
The law courses have been integrated to many specialized courses such as BA. LL.B., B.Sc. LL.B., BBA LL.B, B.Tech. LL.B. B.Com LL.B etc. the KLC also plans to open 5 years integrated course in the future times.
The College is managed by Governing Body formed as per the rules and guidelines of Gauhati University and The Assam Non – Government College Management Rules, 2001 registered under Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 and is subject to renewal time to time.
At present the college is located at Mwiderkhoro Road, Kokrajhar and accommodating basic required infrastructure in 2 (two) storied building. In future the college is likely to be shifted to new sight opposite District Transport Office, Khargaon, Kokrajhar which is under construction. The new campus comprising of 7 (seven) bighas of land along with college building is contributed by the B.T.C Government.
The KLC has informative library with the numerous collections of text books, legal journals, bare acts, reference books, law reports, Supreme Court cases, Gauhati law reports etc. The college holds every necessary academic curriculum as the part of the learning and legal education prospects at regular intervals with the Seminars, Moot Courts, Legal Aid Clinics and Legal Awareness Programs. The college also has e-journal called Manupatra for students to access online articles, books, references that are not available in the library.
Educate lawyers, Enhance intellectual growth and Render service of Excellence.
- Kokrajhar Law College, Kokrajhar aspires to transform Legal Education by implementing innovative learning and quality teaching.
- We aim in fostering our students with flexible learning opportunities for people of all backgrounds to compete in an increasing global society.
- As an institution we desire to serve and improve our region in order to enhance the quality of life in KLC and larger community.
- KLC promotes a campus that welcomes and honour students those who value integrity and operate with fairness, honesty, and the highest ethical standards to sustain.
- Provides a learner-centered academic environment that challenges students and teachers to actively participate in the educational process while teaching, engaging in research and other activities.
- Prepare the next generations of skilled and ethical professionals by providing excellent professionalism to compete in a diverse world.
- We promote the success of our students in meeting individual and common goals.
A commitment to excellence, with a scope of continuous improvement; the College provides excellent legal educational experiences for its students through extensive communication among faculty, staff and students in and out of the classroom.